Natasha Dardashti, staff writer
Lauren Hannani, staff writer
‘Tis the season for final exams. As the tests pile up, stress can too, so pause your studies to bake this festive snack. Within a hour, you can treat yourself to sugar cookies for a taste of the holidays.
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (melted) butter
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- any flavor of icing (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Next, melt the butter in the microwave, and apologize to your arteries.
- Pour the now hot butter into a separate bowl with sugar, add vanilla extract and beat in eggs.
- Gradually (gradually!) pour the flour mix into the sugar mix, and beat until fully mixed.
- Roll out the dough onto a clean counter. You don’t want to be getting sick during finals week!
- Use cookie cutters to shape the dough into any form, and set them onto a pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Wait a few minutes for it to cool.
- Finally, cover them in frosting and pretend like you’re in kindergarten again, where there was no stress of finals.