Teen Foundation Beverly Hills donates grants to clubs

Juliette Deutsch, social media director

From  March 10 to March 15, Teen Foundation Beverly Hills (formerly known as Teen BHEF) is donating a $250 grant to six of the high school`s student clubs and organizations.

Teen Foundation Beverly Hills is known for its aid to various organizations. Each of these clubs was required to fill out a formal application in order to receive a grant from Teen Foundation Beverly Hills.
“We are giving DECA, Model UN, Robotics, Red Cross, Art Reach and Science Olympiad each a grant because they are clubs that have travel expenses and we want to help them achieve their goals,” sophomore Carli Stein said.
To help fund other clubs, the Teen Foundation Beverly Hills has raised money over the past years from various events including dances and other promotional events. This year, the foundation is focused on promoting itself with its new title.
“Giving money to the selected clubs helps us spread our name around campus and will encourage other clubs to be proactive so that they can get a grant and achieve their own goals,” Stein said.
Red Cross will use their grant money for a new event.
“We are planning a sort of health festival where we will be setting up stations based on disaster preparedness and safety,” senior Shayna Eshmoili said.

Robotics plans to use the grant to buy new supplies to improve their works in progress.

“We are honored to be given this grant and we plan to utilize the funds to support our team in our upcoming competitions and for new supplies,” Eshmoili said.
The Teen Foundation Beverly Hills plans to continue to help different clubs in all of its upcoming endeavors on and off campus.