Pasha Farmanara, web editor-in-chief
Beverly Hills has stepped up their holiday cheer this year, offering its residents an ice skating rink, live holiday performances and carolers in the city. Check out some of the exciting holiday attractions in Beverly Hills.
1.) Beverly Hills Holiday Ice Rink
- Get ready to show off your ice skating skills at the new Beverly Hills Ice Rink!
- Ice skating will be offered from December 1, 2012 through January 6, 2013.
- It is open from noon till 9 p.m., or 10 p.m. on Sat. and Sun.
- The rink is on Crescent Drive between South Santa Monica Boulevard and North Santa Monica Boulevard directly in front of City Hall.
2.) Carolers and live music
- There will be live music on Via Rodeo on Thursday and Friday evenings from 4pm – 7pm until on December 6-7, 13-14 and 20-21
- Holiday Carolers will be on Canon Drive, Beverly Drive and Rodeo Drive
- Saturdays, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. until Dec. 22
3.) Meet Mr. and Mrs. Claus
- Beverly Hills will offer a tour of the city led by Mrs. Claus herself. During the tour, participants have a chance to meet Santa Claus at the Wilshire Fountain off Rodeo Drive.
- Tours with Mrs. Claus take place on Saturdays and Sundays, Dec. 1 through Dec. 23
- If you aren’t able to go on the tour, Santa will be ready to hear all of your Christmas wishes at the same fountain every Friday evening from Nov. 23 through Dec. 21.
4.) Snow on Via Rodeo
- Snow in Beverly Hills? Although it isn’t real snow, it is still a great way to get into the holiday spirit.
- Every Friday evening from 4pm to 8pm
- The last Friday with snow will be Dec. 21.
5.) Enjoy holiday music and decorations on Rodeo, Beverly and Canon Drive
- Rodeo Drive, Beverly Drive, and Canon Drive are all decked with boughs of holiday decorations, including speakers that play holiday music on the streets.
- Streets decorations include lights, reefs, and other holiday decor.
- Decorations will be up until New Year’s