Boys varsity basketball sports 2-2 record at Calabasas tournament

By Isaiah Freedman staff writer
Boys varsity basketball split the four games they played, beating Royal 76-60 and Shalhevet 52-47 as well as losing to Moorpark 63-67 and Viewpoint 53-73 from Nov. 25 to Nov. 29 in Calabasas.
Overall, the team believes the tournament was a great way to become familiar with each other.
“The tourney was up and down, but it felt good to play our first series of games. Now we know what we have to fix in order for the team to play at our full potential,” forward Maddox Daniels said.
Guard Grant Gaon also believes it was a good platform for the squad to develop their chemistry.
“We are really progressing as a team and coming along together, but we are still trying to figure things out as well,” Gaon said.
A common theme after the tournament has been the emphasis on progression. Forward Sam Cohen believes the team is chasing one goal.
“We have to play more as a team and focus on the one goal of winning the CIF championship,” Cohen said.
Cohen also points out the team had some moments of great execution throughout the tournament, but those moments needed to be more frequent.
Continuing their preparation for league, the team practices around two hours a day, with their next game coming up against Crenshaw Dec. 1.