Danny Dayan, the face of Beverly basketball

Arman Zadeh, sports editor
Senior Danny Dayan is the captain of this year’s boys varsity basketball team. With a record of 4-2 in league, Dayan and the team maintain their goal for a deep CIF run.
Dayan has played the game of basketball for as long as he could remember, ever since he could pick up a ball at age two. Since then, Dayan has worked tirelessly to improve his game.
Now in his fourth year with the basketball program at Beverly, Dayan’s hard work and dedication has earned him the position of captain.
“Basketball is my passion and it is what I love to do,” Dayan said.
Dayan mollifies his passion for the game outside of Beverly, as well, in the AAU, or Amateur Athletic Union where he plays for his travel team, Hoop Phi.
Dayan’s number one commitment though still remains with Beverly basketball where he dedicates most of his time to refining his athletic abilities.
“I want to be the best teammate possible and help our team win every game,” Dayan said. “I enjoy playing at Beverly because I get to play in front of my family and friends and the best school in LA.”
This season, Dayan believes that despite a rough start, the team is ready to make another historic CIF run. As always, his and the team’s main goals are still to win league, CIF, and eventually make the state playoffs.
“We’re having a tough season,” Dayan said. “However, I think we have grown a lot and are prepared for a nice run in league and playoffs.”
As the regular season comes to a close, Dayan continues to play his toughest while still considering the possibility of playing for colleges in the future.
“I would love to play at the next level if I’m given the chance,” Dayan said.
Dayan and the team’s next game is against Morningside on Jan. 30. The team is coming off a victory against Hawthorne, 50-31, on Jan. 25.