How to deal with the burdens of junior year

Mabel Kabani, news editor 
As a second semester junior, I, along with my fellow classmates, am currently suffering under heavy loads of homework, stress, upcoming AP tests, SATS and the looming prospect of college.
Everyday is a challenge, life is hard, sleep is rare and with this ever-present gloomy and cloudy  weather, there seem to be few joys in life, besides Nutella. So, here are a few suggestions that may help you survive junior year.
1.     Don’t load up on APs
Yes, taking Advance Placement classes (APs) look good on your transcript; however, taking more of these advanced classes than you can handle will only hurt your grade point average (GPA), which, in the long run, matters much more than the amount of hard classes you take. As a second semester junior, I, along with my fellow classmates, am currently suffering under heavy loads of homework, stress, upcoming AP tests, SATS and the looming prospect of college. 
2.     Don’t procrastinate
This may seem obvious, but leaving all your work to the last minute will literally ruin you. Start your AP US History notes early for a change, and start studying for your math test on the weekend, otherwise, you will find yourself in a never ending cycle of coming home, taking long naps, and staying up late at night and studying, and then getting no sleep the next day. Trust me, you do not want to be in that situation.
3.     Start SAT prep early
You can never be too early when it comes to preparing for your SATs. The summer before junior year is the best time to start exposing yourself to the test and the tactics needed to get the score you want. Then, you can take multiple tests throughout the year and decide whether to take the SATs or ACT. Having more time to prepare for such an important test is definitely a smart move.
4.     College tours
As you get closer and closer to going to college, checking out the college campuses of a few of your prospects is a good idea. If you spend four years at a college, you should like where you live. Ask your parents to take you to a college you might want to attend, or even drive to UCLA and get the feel of the campus life. Then you’ll have a better feel of what you’re looking for in a university.
5.     Make time for yourself
I know it sounds crazy, but even with all the work you need to do junior year, you still need to make time for yourself. As my dad said to me one night while I was crying from all the pressure junior year brings, “The reason people try to do well in school is to get good grades, and get admitted into a good college, and get a great job and make lots of money so they can try to lead happy lives. But if in the process of trying to attain happiness, you’re simply miserable, it negates the point of everything.” Keeping this mindset throughout high school is important, because even with all the stress of school you will have to face, nothing is more important than being happy and enjoying your life.