Children’s Book World recruits high school students

Audrey James-Anenih, staff writer

Children’s Book World, a book store on Pico Boulevard in Los Angeles, is looking for  high school students to join The Teen Readers Council, a program that gives teens the opportunity to participate in and influence the teen programming at the bookstore.

Children’s Book World is one of the few remaining book stores in Los Angeles that caters to the educational needs of students in grades from preschool to college.

High school students interested in literature who would enjoy being able to read and recommend book purchases for the store, write reviews of books and feature stories and opinion pieces for the council’s blog. As well as, assist with teen author store events meet authors and create teen book displays should apply. The position is open to students ages 13-18 who must be willing and able to commit to at least six months, as well as attend a monthly meeting at the bookstore.

Aside from the hour long meeting on the first Monday of every month, reading at least one book and writing one review due by the end of each month, the rest of the time will be left up to the member and how much they want to participate in extra blog posts, author events and any other T.R.C (Teen Readers Council) events.

Members will have the opportunity to read advance reader copies of yet to be released books and will be able to interact with their peers in helping to make Children’s Book World a great resource for teens.

If you have any questions or want to apply, you can contact Angie by phone 310-559-2665 or by email [email protected].

View Comments (1)
$0
$1000