A sip of New York in LA: Alfred Coffee

Braden Bochner, staff writer
Juliette Deutsch, social media director

Most LA natives are familiar with the quiet,yet very trendy, tree-lined street known as Melrose Place. Melrose Place is home to luxury boutiques such as Isabel Marant and Alexander McQueen, as well as the mediterranean grill Fig & Olive, sushi hotspot Koi and Alfred Coffee and Kitchen. 

Between shopping and dining, Alfred Coffee and Kitchen has Angelino coffee addicts lining up the block for a taste of the shop’s house-made brew. Alfred exclusively brews all of its coffee from Portland-native Stumptown Coffee Roasters, which is known for its cold-brewing process. Alfred has crafted a variety of classic beverages with a distinct, unique taste. Stumptown is a favorite in gourmet dessert boutiques around the country including Momofuku Milk Bar in New York and Bottega Louie in downtown LA.

Entering Alfred transports customers from West LA to the West Village in Manhattan (minus the winter weather). Indoor seats at Alfred are filled with dozens of Wayfarer-framed urbanites typing away on their laptops, writing screenplays and novels, all while accompanied by their coffee. Alfred also offers a charming outdoor patio, perfect for dog-toting caffeine consumers. Alfred’s menu offers a variety of coffee beverages, ranging from Macchiatos to Americanos. The coffee shop also serves a variety of pastries and boxed lunches from Farm Shop restaurant in Brentwood. If coffee is not quite up your alley, Alfred offers a selection fresh-pressed juices from Pressed Juicery.

Alfred has become “insta-famous” for its clever coffee sleeves with hand-drawn, black and white sketches of mustaches (Alfred’s signature logo), vampire fangs, lips and braces.

Alfred’s classic menu allows you to channel your inner coffee connoisseur, while the atmosphere allows you to channel your inner New Yorker. Our favorites was definitely the iced vanilla latte which perfectly accompanies the almond croissant. If you are not the caffeine type but still want a hot drink than we highly recommend the Chai Latte.

View Comments (2)
$0
$1000