Annual College Connections Fair previews college options

Celine Rezvani, staff writerScreen shot 2015-03-19 at 2.05.38 PM
The annual BHHS College Connections Fair will take place Monday, March 23 in the cafeteria from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Students do not need to RSVP for the event; they are only required to bring their Beverly IDs.
Representatives from over 70 colleges will be in attendance, from both private and public schools within and outside of California.
The fair will be composed of several workshops that begin at 7:00 p.m. Students are encouraged to attend at least one of the following workshops: Art + College, The ABCs of Using Your Achievements to Pay Less for College and the College Essay.
Dean of College Admissions, AhYoung Chi sees the College Connections Fair as an opportunity for students to learn of the range of available college choices.
“We really want our students to explore the different kinds of college options we have available for them,” Chi said. “This is really an introduction to making that connection.”
She also believes the event is beneficial to students who have already narrowed down their college options.
“For some students, especially juniors who already have an idea of where they want to apply, there is an opportunity to ask specific questions about the colleges they’re interested in,” she said.
Before attending, students are encouraged to read through several tips to get the most out of their experience at the College Connections Fair.