SLIDESHOW: Celebration of Friendsgiving

Desiree Gonzalez Staff Writer
When it comes to Thanksgiving celebrations, friends are family too. Friendsgiving is a gathering of friends usually over a potluck style feast.

“Friendsgiving is so special to me because I get to spend times with those I love the most besides my family. It is such an excellent span of time that reminds me of what I am thankful for. I especially love being with everyone at the dinner table and simply talking about life. It is a great way for us to get away from the things that stress us out and enjoy life,” senior Rachel Khorshad said.

“This year was my first year celebrating Friendsgiving, usually I just spend time with family and only family. I was fortunate enough to spend time with so many of my close friends and it was incredible. This was one of the greatest nights ever because I was able to connect with all my close friends, and become closer,” junior Ben Gold said.

“I love Friendsgiving because it’s an event where everyone can forget the stresses of school and life and come together to appreciate our friendships and the love that we have for one another,” junior Mia Weisfeld said.