Vocal Music Program resumes annual Coffee House event

Choir students perform at the 2019 Coffee House event. Photo by: Aasha Sendhil

Aasha Sendhil Watchtower Editor-in-chief

As the COVID-19 case rates decrease in California, more campus organizations are able to host in-person events. The Vocal Music Program will resume its annual Coffee House event on the Third Floor Patio from 6 p.m to 8 p.m. on Thursday, May 6.

Coffee House is a student-run night of musical performances and other forms of entertainment, and this year’s theme is “Red Carpet.”

In order to follow safety protocols, there will be specific seating arrangements and distancing guidelines. The performers will remain 10 feet away from the audience.

“I think for everyone, especially the seniors in the Vocal Music Program, having an in-person Coffee House is an opportunity we are very grateful to have,” Madrigals singer senior Maya Mejia said. “Not only would it be special to perform live as the pandemic has prevented us from our usual concerts, but this event is extremely meaningful to our program.”

“For everyone within the program, performing at Coffee House is a goal. Once you are given the ability to participate since the event is audition-based, it’s an experience you greatly value,” Mejia continued. “I remember being a freshman and watching more experiences singers perform and now being able to be a performer is so special to me.”

Tickets are $5 at the door. In-person attendees must fill out this form prior to the function.